Download VMware Tools. Select Version: VMware Tools™ is a set of services and modules that enable several features in VMware products for better management of, and seamless user interactions with, guests operating systems. VMware Workstation 16 Player provides a streamlined user interface for creating, running, and evaluating operating systems and applications in a virtual machine on Windows or Linux PCs. With its intuitive interface and easy setup, VMware Workstation Player is the easiest way to deliver a virtual desktop to your students.
Version: 16.1.0build17198959 Filesize: 622MB
- Open Source
- In English
- (7.02 K Downloads)
An operating system is low-level software that supports a computer's essential functions, such as scheduling tasks and controlling peripherals. This software that runs on a computer system is the most significant and crucial. It handles the memory and processes of your PC/Laptop and its entire software and hardware. It also enables you to understand machine language effortlessly. A computer system is useless without an operating system. Using VMware Workstation, you can use many operating systems on your PC/Laptop quickly and efficiently and use features of both the software.
VMware Workstation is a product of VMware Inc, which allows you to use multiple operating systems on your computer systems as a virtual machine. The software transforms professionals' development, testing, demonstration and deployment of software by the simultaneous running of multiple X86 operational procedures on the same PC. VMware Workstation uses the new hardware to emulate the virtual machine's server, laptop or tablet environments. Execute programs on the same PC without rebooting on the width of operating systems like Linux, Windows, and more at the same time. This software enables the assessment of new operating systems in an isolated and protected environment, checking the applications and patches of your software and reference architectures. All these features make VMware a must-have in your PC/Laptops.
Features of VMware Workstation
- Run Multiple OS- This software allows you to run multiple operating systems on a single computer system. This software creates real-world Linux or Windows virtual machines.
- Develop and Test for any platform- This software allows you to create and test any platform. It supports hundreds of OS and works with cloud and container technologies, including the Docker framework.
- Secure and Private- This software allows you to run a second desktop safe with various privacy configurations, tools and networking settings or use analysis tools to explore OS vulnerabilities.
- Robust Virtual Network- This software allows you to build complex IPv4 or IPv6 virtual networks for VMs, or combine topological data centre technologies using real-world routing software and tools with software provided by third parties.
How to download VMware Workstation on Windows?
- 1- Just click on the download button and select a location where you want to download the file.
- 2- After the download finishes, open the VMware Workstation folder and extract the content from it.
- 3- Now open the VMware Workstation folder and double click on the VMware Workstation setup file.
- 4- Now an installation window appears, now agree to License Agreement and select a location for installation.
- 5- It will take a few minutes to install the VMware Workstation, click on the Finish button after installation.
- This software helps to use multiple OS on your PC/Laptop effortlessly.
- This software provides a secure and private OS.
- This software enables us with robust Virtual Networks.
- You have to pay for the full version of the software.
App Name: VMware Workstation Pro
License: Open Source
OS: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
Latest Version: V16.1.0build17198959
Latest Update: 2020-12-23
Developer: VMware, Inc.
User Rating: 4.2
Category: Developer Tools
The release of Windows 11 caused a stir among the public, especially the big fans of Microsoft Windows. They want to try out the new OS, but they are afraid of the potential risks and instabilities in it. For them, there’s a good choice: install Windows 11 on emulators. This MiniTool post shows you the exact steps to install Windows 11 on VMware workstation.
Microsoft announced its latest version of Windows operating system (OS) on June 24, 2021. This attracts huge attention from the public. Many people, especially the Microsoft big fans, are eager to try Windows 11 (the new system). But the problem is not all can install Windows 11 on their computers:
- Some of them can’t install Windows 11; they’re running into problems preventing them from installing the OS (for instance, unsupported hardware).
- Some others fear the potential issues with the new system (unstable, unknown bugs, etc).
Luckily, there’s another choice for them: install Windows 11 on VMware. This offers you a chance to try Windows 11 in VM and enjoy all the new designs & features without influencing the original system and your data: the new File Explorer, the new Start Menu design, etc.
Some users are wondering whether they can try Windows 11 online now, since the official release of Windows 11 is not out yet.
How to Install Windows 11 in a Virtual Machine
The following are the steps to install Windows 11 on VMware Workstation Player on a Windows 10 PC. (How to install Windows 11 on VirtualBox?)
Step 1: Download & Install VMware Workstation
To try Windows 11 on VMware Workstation, you should first go to download & install the VMware Workstation Player on your Windows 10 PC.
How to download VMware Workstation 16 Pro:
- Pay a visit to the official download page.
- Scroll down to find Workstation 16 Pro for Windows.
- Click on the DOWNLOAD NOW button below.
- Wait for the download process to finish.
How to install VMware Workstation 16 Pro:
- Navigate to the installer you’ve just downloaded.
- Double click on it to start the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Restart your computer.
Step 2: Download Windows 11 ISO
The Windows 11 ISO file is leaked online, you can easily grab one by searching in Google or on Twitter. Please check your internet connection, choose a safe location to store the ISO file, and wait patiently while it’s downloading.
Get to know more details about how to download Windows 11 32/64 bit ISO file & how to install Windows 11:
This post mainly talks about the Windows 11 ISO file download (32 bit or 64 bit) and how to install Windows 11 properly on your PC.
Step 3: Create a Windows 11 Virtual Machine
- Open VMware Workstation.
- Select Create a New Virtual Machine. (If you’ve already created one, please select Open a Virtual Machine.)
- Choose Typical (recommended) and click Next.
- Choose Installer disc image file (iso) and click Next.
- Choose Microsoft Windows, select Windows 10 x64, and click Next.
- Type a Virtual machine name (e.g. Windows 11) and click Next.
- Allocate some disk space to be used by the virtual machine. Type 0 or more after Maximum disk size.
- Choose Store virtual disk as a single file and click Next.
- Click on the Customize Hardware button.
- Select Memory in the left pane and shift to at least 2 GB (8GB is recommended) in the right pane.
- Go to Processors in the left pane, select 2 (or more) for Number of processors in the right pane, and select 2 for Number of cores per processor.
- Select New CD/DVD/ (SATA) in the left pane, choose Use ISO image file in the right pane, and click Browse.
- Choose the Windows 11 ISO image you prepared in step 2. Then, click Open.
Step 4: Install Windows 11 on Virtual Machine
Steps to install Windows 11 on emulator:
Download Vmware Workstation 12 Pro For Mac
- Navigate to the created Windows 11 virtual machine.
- Click Power on this virtual machine.
- Select English for Language to install in the Windows Setup window.
- Click Next.
- Click Install Now.
- Click I don’t have a product key at the bottom.
- Select the operating system you want to install: Windows 11 Home, Windows 11 Education, Windows 11 Pro, etc.
- Click Next.
- Check I accept the Microsoft Software License Terms and click Next.
- Select Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
- Click New, allocate some disk space, and click Apply.
- Select the new partition and click Next.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
Vmware Workstation Pro Mac Download Windows 10
Of course, you can choose another Windows 11 emulator online to install Windows 11 in virtual machine.