/Mac Cleaner /How to Upgrade To OS X Yosemite?
Support Communities / Mac OS & System Software / OS X Yosemite Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question. There, you should see the latest version of OS X Yosemite available for download (in this case, 10.10.1 build 14B17). Those of you who have already installed the “OS X Software Update Seed. Sep 18, 2021 Prepare downloaded OS X Yosemite installer to software distribution via SCCM: Put Install OS X Yosemite.app file to any folder, for example: C:packagesOS X 10.10 Ensure that there is (are) enrolled Mac(s) in All Mac OS X Systems collection in. Due to a lot of smaller and larger technical changes, many Mac applications will require an update.
I have a MacBook that I bought last 2014. I love to use it for editing my videos and posting it on social media. Recently, I have learned that there is a new operating system, the OS X Yosemite. I checked out the system requirements and I have learned that my MacBook passed all of them. How do I upgrade my operating system to OS X Yosemite?
Os X Yosemite Update 10.11
Article GuidePart 1. What to prepare before upgrading OS X Yosemite?Part 2. How to upgrade OS X Yosemite?Part 3. How to creating A Backup Of Your Mac?Part 4. How to install OS X Yosemite?
Part 1. What to prepare before upgrading OS X Yosemite?
Apple introduces new versions of its operating system at some point in time. This is because they need to keep up with the latest technology. Usually, newer versions of an operating system perform better than older ones. They also have more features and applications for use. Of course, this is always the case. Would you want to upgrade to a new operating system that performs worse?
One new operating system introduced by Apple is the OS X Yosemite. Upgrading to this operating system isn’t really difficult. It only requires a bit of your time. Although, before you upgrade to this operating system, you must ensure that you meet all the system requirements for it. Once you have checked out the system requirements and learned that you met all of them, then it’s time to upgrade your Mac to OS X Yosemite.
This article is a guide that will tell you how to do it. You have to learn that upgrading your Mac to OS X Yosemite requires three steps. These steps will be seen as different parts of this guide.
Step 1 - Clean Up Your Mac
Step 2 - Create A Backup Of Your Mac
Step 3 - Upgrade Your Mac To OS X Yosemite
Part 2. How to upgrade OS X Yosemite?
When you clean up your Mac, you are helping it achieve the next step of this guide, backing up your Mac. But before you back your Mac up, you have to make sure all the junk files are gone. That’s why you have to use a tool to do this. In this way, you don’t cause issues on your Mac device. One tool we recommend is iMyMac PowerMyMac. Here are the features and advantages of the said tool:
- It shows your Mac’s system status including CPU, Memory, and Disk.
- It makes a comprehensive scan of your Mac including iTunes, Backup, Mail Attachment, Trash Bins, and Old Folders.
- It has a one-click feature. This means you can do a comprehensive scan and cleanup of your Mac in one click.
- It is very powerful allowing you to comprehensively scan your entire device. It can check even your Mac device’ Memory, Disk, CPU, and battery state.
- It allows you to preview the files on your Mac device. It also allows you to sort the device into various characteristics such as Name, Size, Time, etc.
- It gives you control over the files you want to delete and keep.-It is free to try for the first 500MB. You are free to experience the tool’s features.
Here’s how to use the iMyMac PowerMyMac step-by-step:
Step 1: Download and Launch iMyMac PowerMyMac on Mac
Download iMyMac PowerMyMac from the official website. Launch the software on your Mac device. It will show a system status interface of your device.
Step 2: Scanning System Junk
Click the module named Master Scan on the left-hand side of the software. Click the Scan button. Wait for a few moments.
Step 3: Review and Select Items to Clean Up
Once the scan is finished, you will be shown the different junk files in categories. Categories include Application Cache, Photo Junks, Mail Junk, System Logs, System Cache, User Logs, and Trash Bin, among others. Select a category. It is best to select all categories to free more disk space. Select the data you want to clean. These data are located on the right-hand side of the screen. Click Clean.
Step 4: Clean Up System Junk is Done
Wait for the cleaning process to be complete. After it is done, it will show Zero KB for folders you have deleted. Some folders will not be marked as such because these are auto-recreated folders.
After you have cleaned your Mac, it’s time to make a backup.
Part 3. How to creating A Backup Of Your Mac?
Here are the steps to make a backup of your Mac:
- Go to the Folder named Applications.
- Choose Time Machine.
- Press the “Select Backup Disk.”
- Choose the location where you want to save your Mac’s backup file. The best option would be your external hard drive.
- On the left-hand side of the window, click the “On” button. This is to activate the Time Machine.
- On the right side of the screen, under the storage device’s name, you will see three lines that state: “Next Backup,” “Latest Backup,” and “Oldest Backup.” A backup will be scheduled and it will start within the next 5 minutes. After it’s finished, start installing OS X Yosemite.
Part 4. How to install OS X Yosemite?
Here are the steps to installing OS X Yosemite:
- Visit the Mac App Store.
- Use the top-left search bar and look for OS X Yosemite.
- Press Download
- After the downloading process is finished, click “Install OS X Yosemite.”
- Follow the instructions prompted on the screen. Finish installing the said operating system.
- Restart your Mac device.
Apple always releases new versions of their operating system. One such upgrade is the OS X Yosemite. This operating system is filled with features and provides a faster performance for your Mac device. Upgrading to OS X Yosemite is easy. It can be done in three simple steps. However, you have to make sure you clean your Mac up as part of the entire process. This can be done with iMyMac PowerMyMac tool.
People Also Read:How to Update MacHow to Clean Up Mac Junk Files
ExcellentThanks for your rating.
Rating: 4.7 / 5 (based on 75 ratings)
People Also Read:
A powerful all-in-one App for MacFree Download
Os X Yosemite 10.10.5 Software Update
Clean up and speed up your Mac with easeFree Download
Can You Still Download Os X Yosemite
OS X 10.10 Yosemite, the much-awaited latest version of OS X Operating System from Apple, was announced and soon made available to public. As soon as the launch of latest Apple desktop OS happened, there were instant comparisons between OS X Mavericks and OS X Yosemite. Macbook users or iMac users can get free download of Apple OS X Yosemite from Mac App Store to check out its various features. In this article, we shall go through useful tips to upgrade to OS X Yosemite from OS X Mavericks as well as ways to clean install Yosemite from scratch after formatting.
OS X 10.10 Yosemite features
This OS has got a look that resembles the iOS design. The OS font (typeface) has been upgraded to Helvetica Neue from Lucida Grande. It is accompanied with an enhanced notification center containing two categories: one for notifications and one for Today’s view consisting of reminders, upcoming events, current weather conditions, etc.
The revamped Mail app with additions like Mail Drop (to send email attachments larger than 5 GB over cloud) as well as Markup (for image and document annotation) is pure delight for Mac users. Add to it, the pleasantly redesigned dock and this OS doesn’t stop impressing with its design. Moreover, there has been some innovation with regards to continuity feature “Handoff” to carry on with an incomplete task (that was started on iOS device) and complete it on a Mac or vice versa.
System requirements for upgrading to Yosemite OS
1. Already running OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
2. 2 GB RAM and 8 GM storage space
3. Compatibility for running OS X Mavericks
4. Support for Bluetooh 4.0 LE; especially to use Handoff feature
How to upgrade Mac to OS X 10.10 Yosemite?
Visit the Mac App Store – Free Download of OS X Yosemite for Mac.
Continue with the free upgrade by clicking the relevant OS X option. Once the 5.16 GB file is downloaded, it would trigger the launch of OS X Yosemite Installer. Carry out the installation on your chosen hard drive after agreeing to the Apple terms & conditions.
How to full install OS X Yosemite from scratch after formatting your Mac?
1. Make sure that OS X bootable installer drive (USB disk) is kept ready.
2. From the old Mac OS, take backup of all your important content using Time Machine or some external drive.
3.Get your Mac connected to the bootable installer drive for rebooting.
4. Navigate to the boot selection menu using “Option” key. From the menu, choose the option “Install OS X Yosemite” for USB installer. The window “OS X Utilities” opens up, from which you need to first select the “Disk Utility” option for data erase (i.e. fourth option from the Utilities window image as seen below).
5. Select the hard drive (partition) where you want to carry out complete Yosemite download and then click “Erase” tab.
6. In the format field of the Erase tab, enter the entry “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” from the drop-down list.
7. In the name field of the Erase tab, give a suitable descriptive name for the hard disk. Click on the “Erase” option to format the drive and all its contents.
This marks the end of formatting process and you can come back to the OS X Utilities window. Select the option “Install OS X” for downloading new copy of Yosemite. Agree to the terms & conditions and continue the fresh download of OS X on the chosen destination drive.
Now you have a clean version of OS X Yosemite on your Mac with no preferred apps or content carried forward. On this OS, you can now get your backup files and install your choice of apps.
I have tried to share useful tips related to different ways of upgrading or downloading the latest Mac OS X. I hope you would find this useful while carrying out the relevant complete download OS X 10.10 Yosemite. Please feel free to ask Yosemite installation queries or share your experience!