VirtualBox 6.1.2 will not run Catalina 10.15.2 and later guests. Virtualbox 6.1.0 added support for booting APFS. Unfortunately there is a problem if you do not have 10.15.1 version of Install macOS Catalina.app. There is a bug in VirtualBox which is exposed by 10.15.2 and later versions of boot.efi. Part 2: Create a virtual machine in VirtualBox. Fire up VirtualBox.app. Create a new VM. Type: Mac OS X; Version: Mac OS X (64-bit); Configure your VM as you desire but make the following changes. Keep the Video Memory = 128 MB. Uncheck on 'Enable Audio' in the Audio Tab. (not necessary, but it helps with VM's sluggish performance) Part 3.
In this article, I’ll provide links to download macOS Catalina VMDK file for VMware and VirtualBox. macOS Catalina is the latest version of the Apple Mac operating system at the moment. This OS has some great functionalities and gives you more of everything you love about Mac. Experience music, TV, and podcasts in three all-new Mac apps. See more updates on the apple.com.
The main focus of this article is to download macOS Catalina Image for VMware and VirtualBox. The image below is created in VMDK format, and it will work for VMware workstation pro, VMware Player and Virtualbox. By now you might have installed macOS Catalina on VMware and macOS Catalina on Virtualbox. If No, then you need the following macOS Catalina VMDK or ISO file to install it.
So we’ve created the image from the original developer preview of macOS. You can download macOS Catalina 10.15 developer preview officially.
Download macOS Catalina VMDK for VMware & VirtualBox
- Download macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F101) VMDKLatest[15/07/2020}
- Download macOS Catalina Beta 10.15 (19A4871) in 1 Part
- Download macOS Catalina Beta 10.15 (19A4871) in 5 Parts
Warning: All the content of this site is copyright protected so if anything from this website is copied somewhere, then the website link must be mentioned. Otherwise, the targeted website who copied the content will be reported to corresponding copyright law or at least some search engines like Google. These VMware and VirtualBox image is created only for testing & education purposes, so miss-use of the image is not our responsibility.
- Related: Install macOS Big Sur on VirtualBox – Windows PC
- Related: Install macOS Big Sur on VMware – Windows PC
After reviewing this piece of information, you should have downloaded the macOS Catalina VMDK file for VMware and VirtualBox. The VMDK file is not the final version of Mac OS. We will update the image as soon as the last version release. Also, we’ve uploaded the All-in-One version of macOS Catalina 10.15. If you need some other downloadable versions of the image, please comment below this post. We’ll upload the latest copy as soon as we can. Your comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.
Please read the step-by-step guide, as they are all important, and if you miss any steps, the installation may not work.
Before you begin, make sure that your system can support virtualization (VT) technology and is enabled in the BIOS, so you can run virtualization software, such as Virtualbox or VMware.
2. Download macOS Catalina ISO and create a new virtual machine
3. Customize your new virtual machine
4. Restart the virtual machine
5. Fix EFI Internal Shell on macOS Catalina
6. In conclusion
1. Download and install VirtualBox on WindowsWe provide you with the link to the latest version for VirtualBox.
If you have already installed VirtualBox, you can skip this step. Installing VirtualBox is not difficult and any user can do it.
While installing VirtualBox, you may receive a security warning about Oracle, click the Install button.
After installing VirtualBox, you need to install and update the VirtualBox extension, as macOS Catalina may not be compatible with VirtualBox.
To install the packages, follow the screenshots below for details.
2. Download macOS Catalina ISO and create a new virtual machineWe provide you with the link where you can download macOS Catalina in .vmdk format.
Now follow the steps to create a new virtual machine.
3. Customize your new virtual machineNow you need to edit the virtual machine to make it work, make changes to the virtual machine - macOS Catalina.
Mac Os Catalina Image For Virtualbox
4. Restart the virtual machineIt is recommended that you close VirtualBox before running the code.
Once you've created and customized your virtual machine, it's time to run the codes for macOS Catalina on VirtualBox. Open the VirtualBox code from this link.
After downloading the virtual machine name code, run the line-by-line code through the command prompt, CMD. You can open the command prompt by pressing the Windows key + R and type CMD and click Yes.
5. Fix EFI Internal Shell on macOS CatalinaWhen you encounter an internal EFI shell, you may see an error or notification. The most common problem is due to Apple's file system (APFS). APFS is Apple's new file system for Apple products, such as MacOS, iPads, watchOS, TVOS, and other Apple products. APFS does not work perfectly with a VirtualBox especially with macOS Catalina.
When you face such issues, you need to download an ISO boot from the APFS boot image and upload a driver from it. After downloading, you can run the macOS Catalina virtual machine again.
To resolve this issue, download the APFS boot and follow the instructions in the images below.
UEFI requires intervention, and you need to help it locate and run the operating system-specific boot firmware that contains macOS boot.efi.
In our case, after installing macOS Catalina in a virtual machine I manually directed EFI to boot into macOS for the first time, and then macOS automatically repaired the boot partition, and subsequent boots worked correctly.
We managed to solve these UEFI problems with the following commands and follow the screenshots which are very detailed.
* At the UEFI prompt exit
You will be introduced to an EFI graphical interface
* Select and click Boot Maintenance Manager
* Select and click Boot From File
* Select and click Catalina HD
* Select and click macOS Install Data
* Select and click Locked Files
* Select and click Boot Files
* And finally click boot.efi
The installation will continue and you will start in the macOS Catalina operating system.
Install Macos Catalina On Virtualbox Amd
6. In conclusionBasically, in this article, we showed you step by step how to install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on a Windows system and how to fix all the errors that occur during installation.
We wish you success and don't forget that if you skip a step in the tutorial, the virtual machine may not work.
Tutorial on the same topic:
How to set the screen resolution in macOS Catalina on VirtualBox