This seems a common problem and I too tried a few solutions. Some seemed to work and then after the Macbook went to sleep or was closed down I was back at square one. I cautiously repeat the below solution which is currently lasting.
- My MacBook Pro just did the upgrade to Big Sur. ALL MY PAID PROGRAMS ARE GONE!!! Just last week I spent 160.00 on a software program. In fact, the update made my MacBook Pro like a brand new computer from the store. None of my files are there, none of the other software I’ve added over time.
- Several users who own late 2013 and mid-2014 13-inch MacBook Pro units are reporting that the update has bricked their machines. There are several threads found in MacRumors, Reddit, and Apple.
If you’re sure that you typed in your password correctly, the only reason your Mac won’t accept it is due to a bug, which is relatively common with new software updates. Apple usually releases a patch update after a couple of weeks to fix the most problematic bugs. Apr 06, 2021 Using the iSight Firmware Update to Fix the MacBook Pro/Air Camera Not Working Problem. The built-in MacBook camera is controlled by a permanent software which provides the necessary instructions. This is what we are referring to as the Firmware. Oct 03, 2012 I did exactly what you said, and also deleted my previous software update caches, and rebooted my mac. Nothing happened still on 10.6.8. I then went to look for a software update again, and it prompted me to restart to finish updating as always. Again during restarting the mac froze and has been like this for easily an hour.
- Open system preferences
- Open Network
- Click on Locations (it probably says automatic)
- Go to edit locations and then click on + sign
- Name your new location, anything will do
- Try and log onto a WiFi network where you know the network name and password. Your home network might work well.
- If this works go back to Automatic and this should work too
This has been working for me so far. I did it once and after a few reboots and changes of location it seems to be OK.
Macbook Pro Software Update Not Working Problems
Oct 17, 2019 8:23 AM