Anything from Apple's download servers is an update, and not a full installer for that version of the operating system. The only full upgrade installers are in the Mac App Store, and here is the link to How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra.
Mac Os Yosemite To Sierra
Before you leap from Yosemite, check the specific printer/scanner vendor driver sites to verify if either have High Sierra driver support. Also check with your third-party applications vendor sites that their applications remain compatible with High Sierra, and preferably, are 64-bit applications. Although the vendor sites are the last word on application support, you may find RoaringApps helpful too.
How To Update Macos Yosemite To Sierra
Mac OS X Yosemite (version 10.10) is the eighth major release of Mac OS X (now named macOS), Apple’s desktop and server operating system for Macintosh computers. 6 Download OS X EL Capitan OS X El Capitan (version 10.11) is the twelfth major release of OS X (now named macOS), Apple Inc.’s desktop and server operating system for Macintosh.
I would also recommend the following:
Mac Os Sierra Yosemite
- Download the Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. First, download the latest Mac OS X version, which is 10.10 Yosemite. It is the version currently available for download from the “App Store”. (If you want an earlier version like Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, you’ll need to get it from elsewhere.) Launch “App Store” and search for “OS X Yosemite.
- Yosemite UX Pack will give you all new OS X Yosemite user experiences combined with iOS 8 graphics such as theme, wallpapers, and new OS X features combined altogether in single package working on Windows 7/8/8.1/10 without touching system files at all so it won’t have such risk to harm your system at all.
- Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra is the Thirteenth major release of the Mac OS X. It was released on September 25, 2017. It is the refinement-based update similar to EL Capitan, and Mountain Lion. It is the successor to the OS X EI Capitan. Sierra has very few new features.
- Download and run the free Malwarebytes for Mac before any upgrade to see if any malware presently exists on your Mac, and if found, can be removed. Subscription for continued realtime features is purely optional.
- Boot into Yosemite Recovery (⌘-R) and run Disk Utility First Aid on your startup drive.
- Perform one last Time Machine backup before the upgrade.
Mac Os Yosemite Sierra
May 6, 2019 5:56 AM