- From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences.
- Click Software Update.
- Click Update Now or Upgrade Now:
- Update Now installs the latest updates for the currently installed version. Learn about macOS Big Sur updates, for example.
- Upgrade Now installs a major new version with a new name, such as macOS Big Sur. Learn about the latest macOS upgrade, or about old versions of macOS that are still available.
Latest Mac Air Update
Mac Air Update From Lion
If you're having difficulty finding or installing updates:
- If Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, then macOS and all of the apps it installs are up to date, including Safari, Messages, Mail, Music, Photos, FaceTime, Calendar, and Books.
- If you want to update apps downloaded from the App Store, use the App Store to get updates.
- If you want to update your iOS device, learn how to update iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- If your Mac doesn't include Software Update, use the App Store to get updates.
- If an error occurred while installing an update or upgrade, learn how to resolve installation issues.
Mac Air Update Error
Entire Process of Updating your Mac, from backup to download to installing. Reputedly, Apple is developing a High Power Mode for MacBook hardware. The mode will be introduced with a future macOS 12 Monterey update and should benefit all MacBooks, including the long.