/Mac Uninstaller /How to Completely Uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac [2021 Update]
- Aug 31, 2021 As we all know, installing applications on our Mac computer is actually easy. However, trying to uninstall them may sound easy but actually, they are not. Office 2016 is one of the useful applications that we use especially if you are using your Mac for business purposes and school projects.
- Mar 26, 2020 pd.readexcel will read Excel data into Python and store it as a pandas DataFrame object. Be aware that this method reads only the first tab/sheet of the Excel file by default. If your Excel file contains more than 1 sheet, continue reading to the next section. Df.append will append/combine data from one file to another. Think about copying.
How to remove ms office from Mac? Is there a Mac office uninstaller tool? Today, Let me tell you how to uninstall Microsoft office on mac Catalina. As we all know, installing applications on our Mac computer is actually easy. However, trying to uninstall them may sound easy but actually, they are not.
Opening Excel is as easy as opening a Mac application. There are several ways to open Excel for Windows using Mac: From the Windows Applications folder in the Dock. From the Windows Start menu. From the macOS Finder. Using Spotlight search. With these simple steps, you’ll be able to install Excel for Windows on your Mac and get. This video will show how to install the Excel Add-in on a Mac.This MTD compliant solution is available now for businesses.For more information visit: https:/. When you install an add-in, it will load whenever Excel opens, so it is always ready to use. If you don’t want an Excel add-in open all the time, you can simply start it when you need it, using File menu Open in Excel or double-clicking on the add-in file in Finder.
Office 2016 is one of the useful applications that we use especially if you are using your Mac for business purposes and school projects. Since there are updated Microsoft Office that has been released then that is the time that we delete the old ones on our computer. Or when it occupies too much space to cause the application memory to run out of, we will also need to remove office from Mac.
Here, we have gathered some ways you can do to uninstall Microsoft Office 2016 Mac completely without leaving any other files behind so just keep on reading this article.
Article GuidePart 1. Can I Uninstall Microsoft Office?Part 2. How to Uninstall Office 365 (2011/2016) on Mac ManuallyPart 3. What Is The Best Microsoft Office Removal Tool for Mac?
Part 1. Can I Uninstall Microsoft Office?
You may want to uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac due to some installing errors, like installing a higher edition of Microsoft Office for Mac but failed. In this case, you need to uninstall the older version first. Or there may be something wrong when you are using the Office application, which really has a big impact on your work.
Is It Safe to Uninstall Microsoft Office?
You may think if it is safe to uninstall Microsoft Office, what happens if uninstall Microsoft Office? Well, UITS (University Information Technology Services) strongly recommends that you uninstall other versions of Microsoft Office before installing any new one. Because other Microsoft applications sometimes may conflict with the Microsoft Office installation. So it's safe to remove the Office and it won't delete files you created before in this Office version.
Below are some options on how to uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac and then install a new Office on your Mac or just for free up space. Yes, it is true that you can remove apps on your Mac by moving the application to your trash but there are files remaining. So is there an office removal tool for Mac to help you uninstall the office and all the related files completely? Microsoft has offered this kind of tool for Windows but not for Mac.
Thus, PowerMyMac should be created to help you remove all the Office apps including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook, and all their related files together. Different versions all can be removed at one time. (Jump to Part 3 to learn more details)
Part 2. How to Uninstall Office 365 (2011/2016) on Mac Manually
So how to delete Microsoft Office from Mac? Most people would just drag the application to the trash bin and thought that it was the right way to remove an application on Mac but this is really wrong. Because there will be leaving a lot of files that are connected to the app that you just removed like the system cache, app preferences, saved states, and some other files.
If you want to know how to uninstall Microsoft office on Mac completely, then all you need to do is to follow the simple guides indicated below. However, for you to do this, you must be able to sign in as an administrator on your Mac and provide a name and a password. Let's learn how to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office on Mac below.
Remove Office 365 (2011) For Mac Applications
- Go ahead and launch Finder and then select Applications
Commandand then click for you to be able to choose the folder of Microsoft Office 2011.
- After that press the
Ctrlbutton and then click an application you select and then Move to Trash.
Remove Office 365 (2016) on Mac
1. Remove Office Application
- Launch Finder and then select Applications.
Commandand then click to choose all the related Microsoft Office 365 (2016) applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Press the
Ctrlbutton and click the apps you choose then Move to Trash.
2. Remove All Related Files from Your User Library Folder
How to remove Office license files on a Mac? For you to be able to remove all of your files from your user library folder, what you need to do first is to set the Finder View options:
- Launch Finder and then press the '
Command + Shift + h' at the same time
- Go to the Finder menu located at the top and then click on the 'View' button and then click 'as List'. After that, go ahead and click on the 'View' button and then choose 'Show View Options'
- Once you are in the View Options dialog box, choose 'Show Library Folder' and then click on the Save button.
- Go back to your Finder and then launch Library and choose Containers. After that,
Ctrl +click all the folders and then choose Move To Trash.
5. After that, go ahead and click on the back arrow for you to go back to the previous page which is the
Library folder. Once you are back on your
Library folder, go ahead and launch Group Containers. After that
Ctrl + click each of the folders below if they are present and then Move To Trash.
NOTE: Your outlook data will be deleted once you move the folders that are listed above. Make sure that you back them up before trying to move them to your trash.
3. How to Uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac from Your Dock and Restore Your Mac
- If you have included any of the Office 2016 tools on your dock, go ahead and click each tool by pressing
Ctrl +click them and then choose Options then click Remove from Dock.
- Once that you have removed all tools from your dock, go ahead and restart your Mac for you to completely uninstall it.
Part 3. What Is The Best Microsoft Office Removal Tool for Mac?
How to Uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac completely without deleting files again? The best Microsoft Office removal tool for Mac that you can use for uninstalling office on a mac completely with all the associated files is PowerMyMac from iMyMac.
You will also be able to preview all of those files first so that you can select which files should go and not. This amazing program will give you an easy way to uninstall the stubborn applications that you want to get rid of on your Mac, then you will be able to save more of your disk space and speed up your Mac as well.
Now let's look at the detailed steps on how to Uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac completely with PowerMyMac below:
- Download and install PowerMyMac on Mac then launch the software.
- On the main interface, select the Uninstaller tool which can be seen on the left side.
- Click on the 'Scan' button to scan all your applications on Mac automatically.
- Locate and choose all the apps related to Office 2016.
- Hit on the 'Clean' button, PowerMyMac will then uninstall Excel, Word, PowerPoint on Mac and will give you more storage space for your new applications that you are planning to download.
This is will also help you speed up your Mac. If you also want to uninstall office 2013 or any other apps on Mac, just let PowerMyMac do that for you.
Tip: Free to Try PowerMyMac
Now you know how to uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac with PowerMyMac. This program also has other things that can help you in optimizing your Mac PC like cleaning all unwanted files, finding duplicate files and folders, and more. You will also have the privilege to try the PowerMyMac with 500MB. Because of this, you will be able to clean up your Mac for free and will let you experience the powerful feature of the program. Just have the free trial here!
ExcellentThanks for your rating.
Rating: 4.8 / 5 (based on 111 ratings)
People Also Read:
A powerful all-in-one App for MacFree Download
Hola, no se si esta pagina este activa.Mi pregunta es: puedo emigrar mi licencia de office 2016 de una mac book a una mac mini?Esta licencia no tiene caducidad. De antemano gracias
Hola, Esta es la solución proporcionada por la comunidad de Microsoft, consulte: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_install-mso_mac-mso_mac2016/transfer-office-for-mac-2016-license-to-new-mac/31b1e78a-979b-4014-8cb8-0c0f8aa7d071
Thank you, have successfully uninstalled Office 2016, but how can I determine if my Outlook mailbox is retained/retrieved after reinstallation?
You need to export the files by File > Export > Choose Everything firstly, then after uninstallation and reinstallation, go to copy everything back into Outlook by File > Import.
Clean up and speed up your Mac with easeFree Download
How to keep formula cell reference constant in Excel?
When you use relative cell reference in a formula, it will automatically adjust when you use the Fill Handle to apply it to a different location or copy and paste it to another cells. See below screenshot shows.
In many cases, you would like the cell reference staying constant rather than adjusting automatically. In this tutorial, we will show you how to keep formula cell reference constant in Excel.
Method B: Easily keep formula cell reference constant with several clicks only
Keep formula cell reference constant with the F4 key
To keep cell reference constant in formula, you just need to add the $ symbol to the cell reference with pressing the F4 key. Please do as follows.
1. Select the cell with the formula you want to make it constant.
2. In the Formula Bar, put the cursor in the cell which you want to make it constant, then press the F4 key.
In this case, I don’t want the cell reference A1 to be adjusted with the formula moving, so I put the cursor on A1 in the formula, and then press F4. See screenshot:
Then you can see the cell reference A1 is constant in the formula.
Easily keep formula cell reference constant with several clicks only
Let's see how to use this feature to easily keep formula cell reference constant in Excel.
1. After installing Kutools for Excel, please click Kutools > More > Convert Refers to activate the Convert Formula References feature.
2. When the Convert Formula References dialog box pops up, please configure as follows.
- Select a range or multiple ranges (hold on the Ctrl key to select multiple ranges one by one) you want to make the references constant;
- Choose the To absolute option;
- Click the OK button.
Then all the relative cell references in selected range are changed to constant references immediately.
If you want to have a free trial ( 30-day) of this utility, please click to download it, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Demo: Keep formula cell reference constant with Kutools for Excel
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel 2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
Install Excel On Mac
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Superb.....
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Does not work. If I insert a row above the cell, the formula 'tracks' the cell to its new location. This is not what your title implies. I need a formula that reads = B1 and if data gets inserted into row B:B then the formula reads = B1 and returns the new value. Absolute referencing does not do this.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Andrew, that is exactly what I want too..... how can we hold the cell reference Completely constant in these circumstances?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Financial ratios are one of the most common tools of managerial decision making. A ratio is a comparison of one number to another—mathematically, a simple division problem. Financial ratios involve the comparison of various figures from the financial statements in order to gain information about a company's performance. It is the interpretation, rather than the calculation, that makes financial ratios a useful tool for business managers. Ratios may serve as indicators, clues, or red flags regarding noteworthy relationships between variables used to measure the firm's performance in terms of profitability, asset utilization, liquidity, leverage, or market valuation.