- Install Macos Mojave On Pc Virtualbox
- Install Mac Os On Pc Virtualbox Windows 7
- Install Macos On Amd Pc Virtualbox
Feb 12, 2021 Install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on Windows PC New Method One of the VirtualBox benefits is that it supports installing macOS officially without installing patches like VMware Workstation. It also accepts installing VirtualBox extension and installing VirtualBox Guest Tool, which makes running virtual machines perfectly nice. How to Install Mac OS X on Virtual Box for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7. If you really love Mac OS X or You want to test Mac OS X before buy. So, if you run Windows 7, you just download and install the free VirtualBox for Windows program. Inside Windows, you simply run VirtualBox/VMware, and then start your Linux or macOS. Similarly one may ask, is it legal to run macOS on VirtualBox? Answer: A: It is only legal to run OS X in a virtual machine if the host computer is a Mac.
Please read the step-by-step guide, as they are all important, and if you miss any steps, the installation may not work.
Before you begin, make sure that your system can support virtualization (VT) technology and is enabled in the BIOS, so you can run virtualization software, such as Virtualbox or VMware.
2. Download macOS Catalina ISO and create a new virtual machine
3. Customize your new virtual machine
4. Restart the virtual machine
5. Fix EFI Internal Shell on macOS Catalina
6. In conclusion
1. Download and install VirtualBox on WindowsWe provide you with the link to the latest version for VirtualBox.
If you have already installed VirtualBox, you can skip this step. Installing VirtualBox is not difficult and any user can do it.
While installing VirtualBox, you may receive a security warning about Oracle, click the Install button.
After installing VirtualBox, you need to install and update the VirtualBox extension, as macOS Catalina may not be compatible with VirtualBox.
To install the packages, follow the screenshots below for details.
2. Download macOS Catalina ISO and create a new virtual machineWe provide you with the link where you can download macOS Catalina in .vmdk format.
Now follow the steps to create a new virtual machine.
3. Customize your new virtual machineNow you need to edit the virtual machine to make it work, make changes to the virtual machine - macOS Catalina.
4. Restart the virtual machineIt is recommended that you close VirtualBox before running the code.
Once you've created and customized your virtual machine, it's time to run the codes for macOS Catalina on VirtualBox. Open the VirtualBox code from this link.
After downloading the virtual machine name code, run the line-by-line code through the command prompt, CMD. You can open the command prompt by pressing the Windows key + R and type CMD and click Yes.
5. Fix EFI Internal Shell on macOS CatalinaWhen you encounter an internal EFI shell, you may see an error or notification. The most common problem is due to Apple's file system (APFS). APFS is Apple's new file system for Apple products, such as MacOS, iPads, watchOS, TVOS, and other Apple products. APFS does not work perfectly with a VirtualBox especially with macOS Catalina.
When you face such issues, you need to download an ISO boot from the APFS boot image and upload a driver from it. After downloading, you can run the macOS Catalina virtual machine again.
To resolve this issue, download the APFS boot and follow the instructions in the images below.
UEFI requires intervention, and you need to help it locate and run the operating system-specific boot firmware that contains macOS boot.efi.
In our case, after installing macOS Catalina in a virtual machine I manually directed EFI to boot into macOS for the first time, and then macOS automatically repaired the boot partition, and subsequent boots worked correctly.
We managed to solve these UEFI problems with the following commands and follow the screenshots which are very detailed.
* At the UEFI prompt exit
You will be introduced to an EFI graphical interface
* Select and click Boot Maintenance Manager
* Select and click Boot From File
* Select and click Catalina HD
* Select and click macOS Install Data
* Select and click Locked Files
* Select and click Boot Files
* And finally click boot.efi
The installation will continue and you will start in the macOS Catalina operating system.
6. In conclusionBasically, in this article, we showed you step by step how to install macOS Catalina on VirtualBox on a Windows system and how to fix all the errors that occur during installation.
We wish you success and don't forget that if you skip a step in the tutorial, the virtual machine may not work.
Tutorial on the same topic:
How to set the screen resolution in macOS Catalina on VirtualBox