For Windows XP/Vista, please use v0.9 (in the files archive). Linux / Ubuntu Win32 Disk Imager supports writing an ISO image to USB, which is very valuable right now with the Ubuntu releases 14.04 LTS – 15.10, because there are problems with the Ubuntu Startup Disk Creator. Simply plug the USB stick into your broken Mac and boot the system while holding the Option key. This will give you a list of options to boot from, where you'll choose your new USB drive, it'll normally be named 'Install macOS.' Then it'll boot your Mac from the drive you selected — simple, easy and quick. How to recover deleted files on Mac.
DiskMaker X is an application built with AppleScript that you can use with many versions of OS X to build a bootable drive from macOS installer program (the one you download from the Mac App Store). As soon as you launch the application, it tries to find the macOS Install program with Spotlight.
Then, it proposes to build a bootable install disk and make it look as nice as possible. It’s the easiest way to build an macOS Installer in a few clicks !
You can use the Install drive to fully re-install the OS on a freshly formated drive, or install it on your many Macs without re-downloading the full installer.
7/10 (9 votes) - Download DiskMaker X Mac Free. DiskMaker X is a tool that provides you with everything you need to create a bootable disc for OS X in a few clicks if you're running version 10.7 onwards. Creating a bootable disc for OS X is as easy as using a tool like DiskMaker X. Download DiskMaker X 7 for High Sierra 7.0 for Mac from our software library for free. The software lies within System Tools, more precisely File Managers. This Mac download was scanned by our antivirus and was rated as virus free. The latest setup package occupies 8.9 MB on disk. First, on the list, we have Rufus which is the best alternative for Etcher developed by FOSS. Rufus is a very lightweight USB flash disk utility available in the market and numerous people prefer Rufus because of its simple user-interface.
Jump over the break to learn how to use DiskMaker X…
1. Get an an empty flash drive with at least 8GB of storage
2. Download macOS Sierra
3. Download DiskMaker X
4. Double-click on the .dmg file to open it and drag-and-drop the DiskMaker X app into the Applications folder
5. Now load DIskMaker X. When you load the app, it will ask you which version of macOS do you want to make a boot disk of. You can choose Yosemite, El Capitan and of course, Sierra. We’ll choose macOS Sierra
6. Now, the app will search for a copy of macOS Sierra. Once it found your Sierra copy, it will ask you if you want to use the copy that it found or you want to use another copy. If you downloaded it from the app store ( step 2 ), choose ‘Use this copy’
7. The app will ask you about your thumb drive, and it will tell you that will be completely erased before copying macOS Sierra onto it…
8. Now the app will format your flash drive and ask you for your admin password. Once you enter your admin password, DiskMaker X will start copying the necessary Sierra files onto your flash drive.
NOTE: this process will take a while. Be patient….
9. When you’re done, the app will tell you that the boot disk is ready, you’ll see that your flash drive has been renamed as macOS 10.12 Install Disk and it will be opened. Now all you have to do is restart your Mac and and after you here the chime sound, press the Option ( Alt ) key until you see the option to choose the flash drive to boot from.
Diskmaker X 9.0
To make the copy, you just have to install the DiskMaker X application on your computer, download a copy of Yosemite, and follow the assistant's steps to set it up. You must have a USB drive with at least 8 gigabytes of space and free of important files since the memory will have to be completely reformatted to make a copy of the operating system.
If all goes well, after a few minutes, you'll have a Yosemite installer on the USB drive that you can then use to install a clean copy of the operating system on your Mac. Its own developers describe it as the easiest way to create a boot disk for OS X.
What's more, this tool is not only useful for Yosemite but also supports the Mavericks and Mountain Lion installers as well.
Boot Disk Maker
Mac OS X 10.6x or higher is required to run this application.
UPDATE 09/2018: Create a Bootable macOS Mojave Install Drive with DiskMaker X 8 UPDATE 09/2017: Create a Bootable macOS High Sierra Install Drive with DiskMaker X 7 Apple has made macOS installations (and those for Mac OS X before it) as simple. Once you have downloaded the Install macOS Sierra and DiskMaker X 6, add both of them to an application. Add DiskMaker X 6 to Application Create Bootable USB for Mac on Windows 10. Go ahead and launch the DiskMaker X 6, after that select a Version of operating systems like Yosemite, El Captain or MacOS Sierra. Since macOS High Sierra is. At startup, Lion DiskMaker for Mac immediately asks which operating system the user would like to use, whether OS X 10.7 or 10.8. The menu is small, but uncomplicated and walks the user through. Launch the DiskMaker X installer and in the disk image window that appears, drag the application. DiskMaker X (formerly Lion DiskMaker) is an application built with AppleScript that you can use with many versions of OS X/macOS to build a bootable drive from OS X/macOS installer program (the one you download from the App Store).As soon as you launch the application, it tries to find the OS X Install program with Spotlight. Then, it proposes to build a bootable install disk and make it look.