Maps User Guide
In the Maps app on your Mac, do any of the following: Find a location: Click in the search field, then enter an address or other information, such as an intersection, landmark, or business. Get directions: Click the location on the map, then click Directions. Click the Share button in the toolbar, then choose the device you want to send. Apr 13, 2021 1) Open Maps on your Mac and use the Search box to find a location or select one from your guides or favorites. 2) Select the spot on the map to display the location details. 3) Click Create Route From Here. 4) Enter the destination in the To box. As you type, you’ll see suggestions to help you out and can pick one. Testing conducted by Apple in May 2017 using preproduction 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Air systems with 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%.
You can get directions for driving, walking, taking public transportation, or cycling. You can also send the directions to your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch for quick access on the go.
In the Maps app on your Mac, click your destination, such as a landmark on a map.
If your current location is showing, Maps uses it as your starting location, but you can enter a different one. You can also click the Swap Directions button to swap your starting and ending locations.
Click the Drive, Walk, Transit, or Bicycle button.
If you’re driving, directions can include:
Electric vehicle routing: See charging stations along your route and keep track of your current charge.
Congestion zones: For major cities like London, Paris, and Singapore, congestion zones help reduce traffic in dense areas. You can get a route around these zones during hours when they are in force.
License plate restrictions: For Chinese cities that limit access to dense areas, you can get a route through or around a restricted area based on your eligibility.
If you’re bicycling, directions are available in select cities.
Do any of the following:
View directions for an alternate route: Click the Show arrow button for the route you want. All available routes appear in blue with the suggested route highlighted.
Zoom in on a step: Click the step in the directions list.
Choose when to leave or arrive: For public transportation, click Plan to choose when you intend to leave to get accurate transit schedules. You can also choose when you want to arrive.
You can get directions to or from a pinned location. Click the pin, then click Directions in the information card.
Send directions to your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch
Download Apple Maps For Macbook Pro
You can send directions or a location to your other devices. (You must be signed in using the same Apple ID on both your device and your Mac.)
In the Maps app on your Mac, do any of the following:
Find a location: Click in the search field, then enter an address or other information, such as an intersection, landmark, or business.
Get directions: Click the location on the map, then click Directions.
Click the Share button in the toolbar, then choose the device you want to send directions to.
You get a notification on your device. Tap it to open the directions in Maps on your device.
To change whether Maps shows distances in miles or kilometers, choose Maps > Preferences, then choose Distance Units.
How To Use Apple Maps On Mac
If you're a business owner and want to correct the information about one of your locations in Maps, sign in to Maps Connect.
If you can't find your current location on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure that Location Services is on and that Maps is set to While Using the App or Widgets.
- Make sure that you set the date, time, and time zone correctly on your device. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time. If possible, use Set Automatically.
- Make sure that cellular data or Wi-Fi is turned on, and that you have an active connection.
- Restart the Maps app. Swipe up on the app and pause, then swipe up again on the app preview to close it. Then open Maps again.
- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Try a different location or switch to a different Wi-Fi network.
Location Services uses GPS, Bluetooth, crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspots, and cellular towers to determine your location. Learn more about Location Services on your iOS device.
If you can't find your current location on your Mac
- From the Apple menu , choose System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
- Make sure that Enable Location Services is selected. If the lock in the lower-left corner is closed, click it, then enter your user name and password.
- Select the checkbox next to Maps.
- Close the Security & Privacy window.
- Make sure that your Mac is connected to the internet.
Delete Apple Maps From Macbook Pro
If you need to report an issue in Maps or add a missing place
You can report an issue with the following Maps features:
- Map Labels
- Image quality
You can also add a missing place and edit your home or work address.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
To report an issue, or edit your home or work address, follow these steps:
- Tap your image near the Search bar.
- Tap Reports.
- Choose the issue and follow the onscreen instructions.
You can also report an issue by scrolling down the main Maps screen and tapping Report an Issue at the bottom of the screen.
To add a missing place, follow these steps:
- Tap your image near the Search bar.
- Tap Reports
- Tap Add to Maps, then enter a location and follow the onscreen instructions.
To allow Apple to contact you with questions about a reported issue on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > Maps, scroll to the bottom of the screen and turn on Follow up by Email. Maps uses the email address on your Apple ID account.
On your Mac
To report a problem on your Mac, follow these steps:
- From the menu bar in Maps, choose Maps > Report an Issue.
- Choose the issue and follow the on-screen instructions.
To report a missing place, from the menu bar in Maps, choose Maps > Add a Missing Place.